The Iconic Letterman Sweater
Description & Details
The style named after the knit waistcoat favored by James Brudenell—the 19th-century British army officer also known as the 7th Earl of Cardigan—has since become a staple of a modern man's wardrobe, worn by students, royals, and rock stars in equal measure. With its unexpected mix of military and collegiate details, The Iconic Letterman Sweater represents the diversity of influences that define the modern Polo sensibility.
- Regular Fit: a slightly trim silhouette; 2" wider at the chest than our Slim Fit.
- Size medium has a 27" body length, a 17¾" shoulder, a 21" chest, and a 24¾" sleeve length. Sleeve length changes ½" between sizes.
- V-neck. Five-button placket. Corozo buttons.
- Long sleeves with leather elbow patches. Rib-knit cuffs. Three contrasting stripes at the upper left sleeve. Chenille patch with "67," a star, and a chevron motif at the right sleeve.
- Two front waist patch pockets with contrasting welts.
- Chenille "P" patch with "Polo" and winged-shoe embroidery above the right pocket. Chenille patches spelling out "Ralph's Tigers PRL" and an embroidered tiger-head patch at the center back.
- Shell: 100% wool. Elbow patches: 100% calfskin.
- Hand wash. Imported.
- Model is 6'1"/185 cm and wears a size medium.