- Each exhibition-quality image is hand-printed and processed on archival fiber paper using the gelatin silver process, which offers the best in quality, both in tonal range and longevity.
- Each photograph is part of a limited edition of 300 prints and is numbered, which allows the client to know the number within the series. Ralph Lauren is the exclusive retailer to distribute this print in the United States.
- By partnering with Getty Images, Ralph Lauren has gained access to rare, iconic images. Getty chooses the emulsion that best complements each negative, ensuring that the final print has the most depth and contrast.
- Getty Images was founded in 1995 by Mark Getty and Jonathan Klein in an effort to bring the fragmented stock photography business into the digital age.
- Image: 8¼" L x 10¾" W. Black wood frame: 15¼" L x 19" W. This item is non-returnable.
"Fred Astaire..." was shot in 1946 by the Hulton Archive, which is regarded as the greatest archive of photojournalism and reflects history in pictures over the last millennium. This limited-edition print is supplied by Getty Images. In this image, Fred Astaire, the American dancing star, dons the familiar top hat, ascot tie and tails for his farewell rehearsal dance in Paramount's "Blue Skies," after which he announced his retirement. He is practicing the part of Jed Potter on the studio rooftop.
Style Number: 0021228259