The Iconic Collegiate Cardigan
Description & Details
Inspired by the sweaters worn by athletes in the early days of college sports, Ralph Lauren's reinterpretation of the cardigan features a varsity "R" for Ralph Lauren and the Latin inscription "Faber Est Quisque Fortunae Suae," which translates to "man is the artisan of his own fortune"—a philosophy that applies in equal parts to the wearer and to the man who designed this iconic piece.
- Regular Fit: a slightly trim silhouette; 2" wider at the chest than our Slim Fit.
- Size medium has a 26¾" body length, an 18" shoulder, a 21" chest, and a 24½" sleeve length. Sleeve length changes ½" between sizes.
- V-neck. Five-button placket. Signature corozo buttons.
- Long sleeves with leather elbow patches. Rib-knit cuffs. Three stripes at the upper left sleeve.
- Two front waist welt pockets. Felt "Ralph Lauren"–embroidered patch inside the right pocket.
- Chenille "R" patch with embroidered football, baseball, and basketball motifs above the left pocket. "Polo Ralph Lauren LXVII PRL New York" seal and "Faber Est Quisque Fortunae Suae" printed at the left chest.
- Shell: 66% cotton, 34% linen. Elbow patches: 100% calfskin.
- Hand wash. Imported.
- Model is 6'1"/185 cm and wears a size medium.
Shipping & Returns
Items may arrive sooner than within the estimated delivery time frame, which is displayed during checkout and included in your order confirmation email. Please also note that the given delivery time frame is an estimate only and is not guaranteed.
Orders placed with Economy or Standard shipping will ship within one to five business days; orders placed with an expedited shipping method will ship within one business day. Please note that Saturday, Sunday, and holidays are not considered business days. Ralph Lauren reserves the right to ship orders via an alternate method to ensure that you receive your order within the estimated delivery time frame.